Thursday, April 05, 2007

Update

Hey Everyone,

Well what can I say other than "I would do it again and again." We are currently in Villahermosa for the second and last day. Things have been great so far with plenty to see city wise. As a quick recap without too much detail we went on from Brownsville to Tampico where we stayed for two days. Tampico was very nice with a less touristy feel than some other places. A very local feel is what you experience in this city, although it has everything to offer from food to amenities and architectural sites. The city still has a considerable amount of original spanish construction buildings and churches with a great deal of other things. I will detail much more in the journal we are preparing for posting in the Blog that Gael set up. (Thanks Gael !).

From there as you know we moved on to Veracruz. I can't say anything other than wow !!! The city truly displays its Caribbean and especially Cuban influence with a strong emphasis on the later. This compounded with a history that has been even more strongly impacted by Spain and its Pirate related history and you imagine heaven for me. We had the good fortune of witnessing Pre Semana Santa celebrations that included displays of local folkloric dances, large group danzones in the central park, and even an incredible religious procession to the Catedral. Again, enough cannot be said but please check out the pics and soon to come journal at the Blog Spot.

We departed after two days in Veracruz to Villahermosa but with a slight underestimate on the distance we decided to make a pit stop in Minititlan for the night. While the town itself does not have much to offer tourist I can say that it does have plenty of amenities and restaurants to choose from. The following day we completed our trip to our following destination Villahermosa. This city does have plenty of attractions from both a Historic as well as scenic perspective. The city is very tourist friendly with beautiful coble stone streets that are closed off to traffic with plenty of art galleries, parks and most importantly restaurants with excellent food. We will be leaving from here tomorrow for Campeche and then on to Merida.

I will hopefully post both pics and those journal entries I mentioned shortly. Hope everyone is doing well, I know that we missed a couple of call attempts and for that I am sorry. I am now making certain that the phone is on me at all times just in case.

Take care and we will speak soon.

Mark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home